Friday, February 8, 2008

Pura Vida! Part 6 (I promise I'm almost done)

Saturday 2.2.08
This morning at breakfast we said goodbye to Joe, Tom & Laurie...they are super great people! Ricky, Jacki, Terry and I hung around camp until it was Surfin' Time at 10.
Here's one of the camp's many sweet dogs...what? ;)
And Ricky gettin' some love from another one...
And Alberto's Bronco...okay, so I got a little picture happy :)
So I've mentioned buying a ton of water this week...but did you know it's Cristal? That's right...That's How We Roll here at VistaGuapa!
Another good day of wave catchin'...
...you would think if you saw someone coming toward you on a surfboard...you would move right? Apparently that is not how the family reacted when I nearly took 'em out on my last ride. I bailed but the 10 ft board attached to the 10ft leash kept goin'. Doh!
After a couple hours Mark met up with us on the beach and the 5 of us headed to...
where we...Once again good strawberry margaritas, huge quesadillas, and good beer (so i assume)...we're still waiting on Jacki's chip and salsa though ;)
We then headed into town and it was ridiculously HOT! Not complaining, just sayin'. We stopped in to Chuck's surf shop and met/listened to "the self-proclaimed mayor of Jaco," Chuck, and how he is singlehandedly saving Jaco, for about 20 mins as Ricky was being growled at by his dogs. lol Finally we caught a cab and amazing fit all 5 of us in there back to camp. Ricky and I hit the pool for some refreshment and then laughed all the way up the hill about "Mayor" Chuck. (we're terrible lol)

...Shower and 2 hour nap...love it! Up at 6 just in time for the Reggaeton to begin!!
Back to Jaco Taco for dinner for shrimp and Pineapple Juice (yum! have I mentioned how great Jaco Taco is? lol) We had 4 new campers that night 3 chicks and a guy from Italy. Good times.

Back to camp...but this time "our" road in front of VistaGuapa was so packed with, what seemed like millons, of cars! We got up the hill just in time for Daddy Yankee (the headliner/an artist i dig) to come on and he played for the next 2 hours...lights flashing and all...it was like I was there or had my own private concert in my hammock without the thousands of sweaty people! :) This was definitely an "added bonus" night for me!

Oh! And when i got back to my door there were 2 CDs left for me by Edwin...he thought I needed to add some Marenge and Salsa to my ipod...too sweet!

No comments: