Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pura Vida! Part 2

Tuesday 1.29.08
Surfing is NOT like riding a bike! ...Well actually I haven't rode a bike in years so it may be exactly like that for me ;) So the ipod went off at 5:45 this morn and I actually couldn't be more stoked! ...Everything was loaded in the trucks (thanks to Alvaro, Alberto, Jorge & Durby) and we're off to Jaco Beach.
Oh my gosh it was so great getting back in the water...on the board...paddling like crazy. However, no too long after we'd been out there a huge swell kinda messed me up. Pretend you get stuck in a washing machine or dryer with a rope on your leg that continues to tumble you and doesn't want you anywhere near air. Fun stuff right? Not so much, but there was no way that I was gonna let Mother Nature beat me down on the first day!! So I finally am able to stand up and breathe (yay for breathing) and I get back on the board and begin to paddle again. *Warning this part is kinda gross* I start feeling terribly sick. (i forgot to mention...the washing machine also fills your mouth and nose with salt water) So as I am paddling the gagging starts. Luckily no one was near me. Basically within a 20 minute period i think i threw up about 4 times. (not fun stuff lol). I think Alvaro was the only one that knew what was going on at the time and he's so positive that he's just like, "well you usually feel better after you do that right?" Yes I in fact did...but I was pretty wrecked for that morning and therefore caught no waves. (boo) But there's always tomorrow. :) *End of grossness* :)

Back to Camp and we were ready for the most amazing breakfast!! Fresh fruit, fruit smoothie, wholewheat pancakes de mora (blackberry), scrambled eggs with bacon and you can't forget the queso frito!! (fried cheese....Tom's favorite) What's next on the agenda for the day? Why the pool of course. :) I love the pool at Vista Guapa...but I'd love it just a little more if it had the slightest bit of shade :) That was quite wonderful for a couple hours. The next dilemma that surfaced was whether to bring drinks to the pool...or go find a drink in town...such tough decisions I know ;) Alberto was nice enough to take me, Jacki, Terry and Joe in to Hermosa to the Backyard Bar. This is the view from the bar...I could so make a Corona commercial ;)I dig this place...and their peach margaritas.We saw an artist painting in the bar and he said he needed to make his painting "authentic" by adding sand to it.
After a few drinks and making up stories about the people coming in and out of the bar ...
...we caught a taxi and Joe & I walked around Jaco for a bit. I bought a dress and we stopped in the grocery store and bought some Red Bull, Gatorade and Water. Back to Camp to get a shower before dinner. Checkout that sunset!Tonight we had dinner at Rey del Marino. Arroz con pollo and killer fried plantains with black beans. Tom learns that I rarely like anything but the lettuce when it comes to salad...so he gets the rest. :)
At dinner we also learn about Durby. He is too cute! He is so talented and dedicated to surfing and his 2 year old daughter April. I met him last year and I think he rockin' the English and therefore talks quite a bit more :)After dinner Edwin and Durby took us to the beach. It was so peaceful...the stars were absolutely perfect and the waves were crashing...I could have stayed there all night. :) Back to camp and in bed by 9:30....oh I got a ton of sun today and I'm thinking tomorrow I'm gonna feel it...rough first day but I'm looking forward to Wednesday...

No comments: