Friday, February 8, 2008

Pur Vida! Part 5

Friday 2.1.08
We didn't hit the waves until 8:30 but I still woke up around 6...no worries though it was a gorgeous mornin' and I got to watch the crew at the field below our hill begin to set up for the Reggaeton Music Festival tomorrow...I guess those guys at the airport knew what they were talking about ;) Breakfast before surfing today.
The ollas (waves...thanks Edwin) were great today. I caught quite a few...just getting the hang of it again ...
Back to the pool for about 3 hours...who knew that Smirnoff Ice came in a can? :)
Shower and siesta in the hammock as the sun was setting. Perfecto! I was even motivated to straighten my hair this night. Laurie & Jacki showed off their new skirts...
and Tom rocked his new shirt...
On to the Jungle Surf Cafe for dinner. This was a good night. I even tried the Mahi Mahi...it wasn't that bad actually lol And the brownie sundae that Tom, Joe and I shared ROCKED! lol
We had a champagne toast to Joe , Tom & Laurie's last night in Costa Rica...and to Wendy. lol We also had a guest join us..the Mantis...I think Tom was still hungry? ;)
We then headed to the beach for a bonfire! Jacki showed us her "mad" survivor skillz...
...we learned how many men it actually does take to start a fire...
...and Joe supervised. :)
Durby got the fire going...
Terry David decided to play with the fire...
that may fall...watch out Ricky (laying on the beach behind it)


Wonderful night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do we have a photo of Jackie doing the "praying mantis" dance????

Marco "toes on nose" Salvetti