Friday, February 8, 2008

Pura Vida! Part 4

Thursday 1.31.08
It's the last day of January and I can't believe that I'm in the ocean and toasty brown!! :)
Today I caught several waves, but perhaps the most fun was the one I rode in sitting down. (wish I had a picture of this lol)...it was so not what I was going for, but I still "rode" it. We stopped at the Maxibodega to stock up on the essentials of water and gatorade. While in line Joe and I noticed some interesting products for sell that aren't in the states as well. Funny thing today though, (I must be getting darker) I got to the register and the dude asked me in Spanish if I had a Maxibodega Card (think Albertson's Card) I said no as I pulled out my American Dollars. :)
Then breakfast (switched it up a bit with toastada franceas...so good), the pool, shower and nap...such a hard routine to get used to ;)
So 3 of the guests went to do the zip line through the canopy. As I did this last year, I opted for HangGliding! So this van pulls up to the camp... ...and this 6ft + no shirt, no shoes, dreads and beard down to there, Hippee stepped out and said his name was Pete. He was very cool and from Virgina by way of Colorado.
We got strapped in a ready to go and the plane that's towing us takes off and all of a sudden the rope breaks. Am I crazy that this didn't bother me in the least? Thing is we weren't even off the ground or moving yet so there was no worries. Take Two! And we were up, up and away!
After a few minutes Pete let disconnected the rope attaching us to the plane (on purpose this time) and we were on our own soaring. So COOL!!! We took off from a Wetermelon patch (of all things)
and went over a place called Puntamala...home of about a hundred sharks! Crazy!"Wild" Pete then let me drive and spin us for a bit. Then came the landing...totally looks like you're gonna crash into the ground...but obviously, this did not happen...well rolled to a nice smooth stop. Thanks Pete! :0) Check out the view from up there... Glorious!Back to camp to shower *i do this about 3 times a day...nothing like feeling clean after being all dirty and sandy. :) Tonight was a good ipod night. I know this sounds silly but as I was laying my my hammock watching geckos control the insect population, the ipod was on shuffle and all the songs that came through seemed to fit the mood perfectly! (we already know i'm a dork)
Off to dinner at Juanitas...the drink of choice for most of are crew was Imperial, Costa Rican beer.I myself went with the blackberry soda...so good! This time I tried the steak...not a fan but the place was awesomely located. We could here the waves crashing right next to us. Edwin got the fish...a whole fish! With eyes and ALL!! When he noticed I was kinda freaking out about that, he covered the eyes for me...Thanks Memo!The crew at dinner...Mark & Ricky joined the Camp tonight...more good people...Gotta Love That!!!Back to Camp and we did our "Bucket Lists" on the porch with tunes by me in the background. Buenas Noches.

No comments: