Thursday, October 2, 2008

Weekly Randomness

Gooodbye, Love
So last week was the week of the rock-opera. It began by seeing The Who's TOMMY twice. It ended last Thursday when I went and saw the final Broadway performance of RENT. (it was filmed and shown at a few movie theaters around the country) So many emotions went through me. After 12 years and 5,124 performances, the curtain closed for good.



This has been so much a part of my life for the last, well I guess TWELVE years. (doh) A honestly can't tell you how many times I've seen this show. I do, however, remember the first time...it was New Year's Eve 1997 and my mom and I went and saw on it ON BROADWAY. It couldn't have been more perfect. (thanks Momma) The story of how it came to be and the show's story itself inspired me (way back when) to not take a single moment of this life for granted.

Forgive me as I share my favorite lyrics from the show:

The Heart May Freeze Or It Can Burn
The Pain Will Ease If I Can Learn

There Is No Future
There Is No Past
I Live This Moment

As My Last


There's Only Us

There's Only This

Forget Regret

Or Life Is Yours To Miss


No Other Road
No Other Way
No Day But Today


This (to me anyways) is exactly what Seizin' the Day is all about.

Next...


Saturday...Stars played and won...hardly anyone was there to see it.
Sunday...Cowboys played and lost...to the REDSKINS (grr)...and a TON of people saw it.


Monday... Mavs Media day. I love this day. Why you ask? Because this means that the NBA season is just around the corner (hazah!)...and I get to put mics on "the boys" (as i like to call them). :)


Monday night...I ventured over to the Palladium (aka used to be Gilley's) and saw The Swell Season. This band is headed up by the two leads in the movie (one of my favorites of last year) Once. (see it if you haven't already)



Besides that, they were great live. Some people/groups/band touch you in such a way that you're heart (and soul) is filled with goodness. This happened tonight. Glen Hansard is just so passionate about what he sings and the violinist kinda made my heart melt. He is also a big fan of the sing-a-long, and hence the audience joined in on most of the songs. (we didn't sound too terribly awful either lol) Loved it all! (really dark in there and i was pretty far back so the picture is not the greatest)



The "added bonus" was near the end of the set when they broke into an acoustic version of Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River". Brilliant! lol (this wasn't from Monday, but from the night before at ACL in Austin)



Tuesday...was a pretty chill night for me...but my sister-in-law, Pam, was in a pretty bad car accident. She's still in the hospital with a broken arm and a fractured neck bone...but other than that, looks like she's gonna be ok. SOOO thankful!

Wednesday...got some pictures from Iraq. My brother-in-law, Mikey, is stationed there (for those who don't know) for the second time. I love hearing from him or hearing that my sister, Nena, has heard from him. Take a look ...he's the shortest Mexican :) Hopefully he (and the rest) will come home SOON! ...




After watching the season premier of Pushing Daisies (still brilliant)...I headed out and did something pretty silly/dumb (which I won't go into here) but it did make things (that I already knew) quite clear. I also had a great phone conversation (pretty much venting about weird/stupid people) with a new friend. (what up Son of a Preacher Man!) :)

...life (in general) is still pretty good.

much love

No comments: