Tuesday, October 28, 2008

La-la-la-la-la-la tonight

Last week was pretty much one of the my top 10 weeks of the year. Here's how it started...

Sunday
At about 9 o'clock I suddenly became 9 years old again. That's right my cousin Kellie and I headed over to the American Airlines Center to the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK concert. That's right I said it. No shame here. We were there back in 1990 at Texas Stadium. 5 hours of girls screaming. This time around I'm pretty sure many of the same girls were there...just slightly older...and definitely of drinking age. (I wish I had taken pictures of the girls, the neon, the crimped hair, and homemade T-shirts...all FABULOUS!) lol

The Kids Grown Men hit the stage and they looked good...really good. Sounded great. They put on a great show that brought back memories and created even more.



Remember when we said, girl, please don't go,


And how Id be loving you forever,


Taught you bout hangin' tough as long as you got the right stuff,


Didn't we, girls, ooh, didn't we, girls, aah?



Well, I guess, its a brandnew day after all Every time we hear the curtain call, See the girls with the curls in the hair, The buttons and the pins and the loud fanfares. Tonight, tonight.


Remember when we traveled round the world, There were a lot of people and girls, Fan mail from everywhere showed us how you care, Didn't it, girls, ooh, didn't it, girls, aah?


Well, I guess, its a brandnew day after all Every time we hear the curtain call, See the girls with the curls in the hair, The buttons and the pins and the loud fanfares. Tonight, tonight.


La-la-la-la-la-la tonight, la-la-la-la-la-la tonight. Tonight, tonight



*Forgive me for all the pics, but I'll have you know I started with 153 and edited down to 76.

much love

No comments: