Friday, October 10, 2008

This Time of Year...

Well, there's a feeling in the air
Just like a Friday afternoon.
Yeah, you can go there if you want
Though it fades too soon.

So go on, let it be.
If there's a feeling coming over me,
Seems like it's always understood this time of year.

~This Time of Year lyrics by Better Than Ezra

October in Texas is a great time of year. The weather is (slightly) cooler...carmel apple cider at Starbucks is delicious...FC Dallas, Cowboys, Stars and Mavericks are all playing...I'm getting excited about Halloween...and the State Fair of Texas is in full effect!

Last Friday I got the pleasure of heading to the fair with my Momma, Aunt Stephanie, cousin Kellie, and Kellie's daughter Alizabeth.

We have been, are, and will always be a fair family.


Grandaddy worked at the gate and the Cotton Bowl for so many years.
(Hook 'em Horns)


Uncle Joe built and runs the Lumalusion.



Way way back Nana, Momma, Stephanie and even Kellie worked at a Cotton Candy stand.


We even have our own Bricks out there.

I am always filled with joy, great memories and amazing food! This year was no different. I love all the sights and sounds.




After stopping by to say hi to Joe...


...we headed to the Food Pavilion where we shared gorditas and critter fritters (sounds terrible, but are SOOOOO good...the real irony is that my trainer, Lorraine and her husband make these to sell out there). As we headed out of there to the Midway so Alizabeth could get her "ride" on...I found a slippery spot and fell...right on my bum ankle! Hurt. Bad. The good thing was that I did not fall on Alizabeth (who was holding my hand) and I found out that chivalry really does still exist (even though I wouldn't let the guy help me up, as I was in some ridiculous pain). I shook it off and we (slowly) made our way to the Midway.


Alizabeth had a blast riding everything. It was such fun to watch her.

(She was kinda attached to me most of the night...not a bad feeling at all :)


Kellie and I rode my favorite ride the...


We even rode with Alizabeth a couple of times...it was tough, but this is by far my favorite shot of the night... Kellie and Alizabeth whizzing by on the Lady Bugs...


It was a great way to spend a Friday night. Oh did I mention Kellie's a dork? lol



much love

No comments: