Wednesday, October 29, 2008

But wait! There's more... to the great week I had...

So one of my favorite things to do is to see concerts, shows, gigs...basically any and all LIVE MUSIC. My top list of people/groups to see in person are (in no particular order):

Dave Matthews Band
Kenny Chesney
Better Than Ezra
Jason Mraz
Matt Nathanson
Buckcherry
Matchbox Twenty
Flogging Molly

If I'm in town (or the town that they happen to be in) I will see them. You might scoff at this list but I don't care (as this is MY blog) and I do not push the music I like on others. (hence the beauty of the earphones) I like what I like and you like what you like.

Besides digging their talent, the energy that they give off to the crowd and that the crowd gives back is why I go. I LOVE it when (almost) everyone's on their feet singing along. When this happens, I know that they're doing something right. (yes, I'm envious and wish I was in a band but that's besides the point lol)

Anyways, my most excellent week continued with me being lucky enough to see to of the artists on my list.


Thursday

Although I despise the the complete corporate-ness of the Nokia Theatre, I headed there anyways and paid a ridiculous amount for parking (which reminds me I need to get that darn sticker off my window). I got inside and to my seat (on the 3rd row) and was already smiling because I knew I would be enjoying the next couple of hours. Jason Mraz took the stage and as he began to sing the first song my being was filled with happiness. Dude is amazingly talented and funny and not bad on the eyes either. ;) He's also not afraid to drift off in the middle of one of his songs and do a bit of a "cover" and then back. (I love the cover song.)

For over 5 years I've had great and slightly random memories when it comes to seeing this man do his thing. :) The first time I saw him was back in 2003 when he opened for Johnny Lang (good show). But the next time was during halftime of SuperBowl XXXVIII in 2004. (Yes I missed the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake wardrobe malfunction.) Back in 2005, I got the pleasure of actually meeting him when he opened for Alanis Morissette at the Bass Hall. Super nice guy (hugs, autographs, pictures)...I'm sure it had nothing to do with the 2 hot girls (that got his attention on the streets of downtown Ft. Worth) I was with. ;) Anyways, each and every time I've seen him has been a good one. :)
Thanks MR. A-Z.




And the hits just keep on comin'...

Friday

I won't spend to much time on him since I did devote another posting back in March to Matt Nathanson. But I will say, he put on another great show that had me smiling, singing, laughing and rockin' all the way through. He got a much deserved upgrade (this time he was headlining the large room at the HOB) since the last time he was here. It was very cool to see alot of new fans come to the show as well. (I'm sure he's thanking VH1 constantly these days)

You know it was a good show when you're walking home and can't help but have one of the songs playing in your head. :)




much love

No comments: