Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I (heart) Matt Nathanson!

So this past weekend ended so much better than last weekend...Friday night Deperados (W), followed by Tribeca in Uptown for a couple of drinks (and then a ton of dancing) for an old friend's (Robert Bice) birthday...Saturday...Mavs (another W)...Sunday a trip to the movies with a bit of shopping in between...

The Other Boleyn Girl (typical period piece, but still pretty good ) and In Bruges...pretty dark but laugh of loud funny...and of course you can't go wrong with Colin Farrell's Dublin accent ;) ...Monday...Mavs (W ...hopefully we can keep the "streak" going tonight)...which brings me to last night. I took a walk through my "backyard" and headed over to the House of Blues to see one of my favorite performers of all time (I realize this is a HUGE statement due to the number of concerts/gigs I've gone to over the years..but totally true.) Matt Nathanson is a singer/songwriter that I got the pleasure of finding out about the first time back in 2002 at Deep Ellum Live, then again at Gypsy Tea Room, and most recently in the Cambridge Room at HOB (the HOB has replaced the first two places I've listed...I miss the GTR for sure these days, but being able to walk to a show DOES have it's perks). Anyways, I adore this guy. He always looks like he's having an amazing time playing on stage. (notice the expressions in the pics) lol As an added bonus to he talent, he's also super cool and friendly and signed stuff for, talk to, and took pictures with, anybody that wanted to meet him. (see the shirt I was wearing last night...yeah I was "that gal" that wears the old concert T to the concert...get over it...he dug it) A couple of clips from last night *shh ;)





Come On Get Higher



Detroit Waves (with a little Kids in America mixed in)

Well this time around, he opened for Lifehouse. Don't get me wrong, I dig Lifehouse, but these days I just think they are a little too mellow live and I prefer listening to them via memorex while doing other things ;) When I was living in Los Angeles, back in 2001, their first CD was one of my absolute favorites and I knew it word for word....so seeing them last night I think was more nostalgia than anything.
I decided to go say hey to Matt, therefore, I gave up my "2nd-ish row" spot and ended up sitting at the back watching Lifehouse from a monitor...the place was sold out for them, which I found typical being the "Dallas" crowd that was there. lol *ask me later what I mean by that if you'd like ;) ...which also kinda explains the TWELVE dollar Goose and sf red bull that I decided to, ever so slowly, enjoy.

Hangin' By a Moment...aka people are tall and obviously in my way ;)


After it was all said and done, I walked back home, ipod in ears...smiling.

Pura Vida :)

No comments: