Thursday, March 27, 2008

Boo Taxes....but Yay Friday and to Livin' a Good Life!

So yesterday at lunch I went and had my taxes "done" with the help of the lovely people at H&R Block. Not that I was particularly psyched going in, but I was okay with it...but I felt pretty much defeated and beat down when I left...and questioning why in the world to I work so much...cuz at the end of the day, I'm just gonna owe that much more...Anyways, I did it. It's done and I won't have to worry about it (too much) until next year...after work I went and treated myself to an hour massage...somehow the taxes didn't seem so bad when it was over. :)

Last week was a marathon of games that I like to think started back on the 14th with the Mavs... (there were 5 mavs home games since then...which didn't end all that well) :(

Then this guy came to town...
...maybe you've heard of the hotness that is David Beckham!! He (and the LA Galaxy) were in town to play against FC Dallas. This was the "makeup" game for him not showing up the last time. What took place at Pizza Hut Park was truly mind boggling! So many flash bulbs...so much hoopla lol. Whatever your feelings maybe toward or against this man...he is a MEGASTAR of the highest form...just ask any football fan (outside of the U.S.). Oh and the score was nil-nil...but who cares...he took off his jersey and gave it to the luckiest girl in the stadium! (*note obvisously not I, being that i would have immediately posted that event.)

The following Monday was...
....St. Patrick's Day and the second Deperados of the season. (that's arena football for those that are unaware)At the moment...this is the only "winning" Dallas sports team. (grr)


Within this week, there were also 2 Stars games...read previous statement to findout the result of these games. (again...grr)

Friday I worked an always interesting event...
...The Tux & Tennies Gala that benefits the Dallas Maverick Foundation. This in an event that was held at the Ritz Carlton and a very select group of "friends" (read stinkin' rich) raise money to help certain organizations in the community that, for the most part, help kids. The crowd is always good people watching...all dressed up and "blinged-out." I'm not hating on these people at all (well at this minute anyways)...these people raised a TON of money (i.e. Jason Kidd letting go of $100K for one of the auction items) that will do alot of kids alot of good. Bravo.

Saturday night, I headed over to my sisters' & brother's house to have fajitas with my abuelita, tios, tia, cousins, sisters, brother, cousins, niece, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, their mom and their friends. (don't think I left anyone out). The food was AWESOME! (as always) After dinner was over and my grandmother and aunt and uncles left...out came...wait for it....ROCKBAND!! Ok, so I'm a little obsessed...and oh my goodness! How fun are the DRUMS!!!



It was just about midnight when I headed home. Sunday was Easter.

I did not make it to church this morning...as I had to be at the AAC for the NOON (brilliant planing) Mavs v. Spurs game. (ya know the game where Dirk got hurt?)...not good times.

After a nice and much needed nap. I headed to Minc to see two of my favorite people spin. Tony Canepa & Michael (DJ eXb) Cruz. Eric, Tom & Jen even showed up!! Was a good way to end the weekend at 2:30 in the morn...but no the most ideal way to start the next work week. :)




Slightly groggy but all well worth it.
'Twas a jammed-packed week (luckily, this one, not so much).

:)

No comments: