Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ALOHA!... Part 3

February 1, 2009 Day 4:

First of I’d like to say I have the most amazing Momma and God Mother, Carol…due to me not having direct deposit, my funding during the trip went kinda haywire…but where there’s a will there’s a way…And man do we have so WILL!!!

I woke up to the sun shining…it’s warm and wonderful! It’s also SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! Whoo hoo?? HA! No, it’s cool.


*Quick back story…I tend to take vacation during either January or February due to the fact the NBA and NHL teams have their All-Star Breaks somewhere around then and therefore, I usually have a couple of more days where there’s no games. This was also the perfect excuse to boycott/leave the country during Valentine’s Day. (Which I am SUPER cool with.) But the last couple of years I’ve “escaped” during Super Bowl time…last year I had a blast watching it en espanol in Costa Rica!


So although our plan was to try surfing again, plans changed. Because of the time difference, the game would be starting right around lunch time. So we decided to head to Senor Frogs. Yes, once again we played tourist. It was fun. We had this Criss Angel-look-a-like waiter named Nick from Delaware.


And thus we were entertained for the never several hours! :)


*One of my favorite places in Nassau is Senor Frogs to Just. Have. Fun. The one in Waikiki is still in America…and therefore, under the laws of America. Watching “kids” between the ages of 18-21 have a crazy good time does not happen here. We made our own fun. And it was all good. Just warning ya…not every Senor Frogs is the same. :)


Anyways, we headed back to the hotel for a MUCH NEEDED nap.


We woke up around 8 p.m. and then mayhem ensued!!! My fabulous camera-chica, Stephanie, and I made a video. Not just any video though. I’m trying to win a trip to Vegas, courtesy of the Dallas Mavericks. The goal was to “Rock the House” (of Blues) by karaoke-ing it up. Here’s what was submitted. The song is Mr. Brightside by The Killers. Go ahead and laugh…I don’t mind in the least…especially if it gets me to Vegas Baby!!! ;)




*Someday I’ll post the “blooper reel”…it’s way more entertaining…well to me and Steph anyways. ;)


After a quick shower, we got all dolled up and headed back out on the town in search of dinner...with some cool stuff along the way.


Mosaic wall of the visitors center...


Pretty Hibiscus...





Probably the Coolest Apple Store Ever!...


We ended up at Doraku Sushi.



This place is owned by the son of Behinhana…so we thought hey, lets check it out.









After the awesome food, once again we were exhausted…so back to the room it was…good night! :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

OMG, you crack me up. Love the video, and I hope you win! Vegas, Baby... right?!?