Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Father's, Family, Friends...

So I consider myself to be a rather strong and independent person for the most part...but I gotta tell you, the weekend was kind of a roller coaster of emotions. I think most of this surfaced due to the fact that Father's Day is coming up on Sunday. Some of you out there know about my daddy...most of you do not. I'm not going to go into it here but if you ever care to know the story I'm more than happy to share. Anyways, he's in Mexico and I haven't heard from him in awhile and I do miss him. He's not the only one I miss these days. Growing up I had the privilege of having Nana and Grandaddy always being there for me when others weren't.

<--(College Graduation back in December of  2000...lost him in 2001 and her in 2005)

Grandaddy's birthday is on Saturday (flag day) and Father's Day on Sunday...glad to be working on both, possibly it will keep my mind off the fact...that's the plan anyways :)



Friday afternoon I got a call from my uncle saying that mi Abuelita (grandmother) was heading back to Mexico on Sunday, I so wanted to see her before she left so we ended up going to dinner with them that night.  And then I saw her and my aunt off on the bus on Sunday...I needed that....I needed that "familia."
   <---LOPEZ

Now now, don't think I'm favoring one side of the family over the other.  Saturday I got to have lunch with my Momma, Uncle, Aunt, and two cousins in my backyard...aka House of Blues.  If you haven't been there I totally recommend it.  You're thinking novelty chain-ish restaurant...but I think their food is way better than that...especially the skillet mac & cheese! :)

Sunday we headed over to my cousin's apartment and we had a good time at the pool with all of the listed above and her daughter Alizabeth.  Ahhhh Summer! :)



So it wasn't all just hanging with family this weekend.  I had a Desperados' game thrown in there and Saturday night/Sunday morning was most excellent times with Michael and Seth.  Dancing til the lights came on at 3:45 in the AM. And the obligatory Cafe Brazil stop.  As Seth would say  "Loves It!"

This afternoon I'm headed to Killeen to see my Bro-In-Law, Mykey, my sister, Nena, and niece, Mia, one last time before he's shipped BACK to Iraq for his second round.  15 to 18 months this time around...think of him...and the rest of our boys and girls over there.
 <--When he got home the FIRST time.


This is quite a ramble of a posting today but I just needed to get it out...my heart has been quite heavy lately.  I try to live by Carpe Diem or Seize the Day...but I have to remember that it's not just about filling your days with great experiences...part of those experiences must also include the people that are most important to you.  We don't know how long we have with each other or have period.

I adore those of you that take time out of your busy lives to hang with the family or listen to a friend vent.  Even if it seems like a pain at first.  I think in the end it's all worth it.  Trust.

Some of you may not always understand where I'm coming from but perhaps this may clarify things about why I am the way I am.  I apologize if I've ever scared anyone away by being to clingy or getting attached quite quickly.  (some may call this psycho lol) I truly have tried to change this....but I'm not always successful .  Just know that you are important to me and time spent with ya or even just talking to ya is/was something I look forward to.  I'm quite cynical about "forever" but I do believe in today and tomorrow. :)

much love

No comments: