Thursday, July 3, 2008

Football, Flicks, Flags,Family

SO!

Let's start with last Tuesday. FC Dallas played in the U.S. Open Cup and in a last minute effort defeated FC Miami...and therefore, I am employed again tomorrow night...GO HOOPS! (this is the football)
fc dallas


Wednesday, after getting the bangs cut, Joshua (hairstylist extraordinaire) and I went and saw a screening at the Magnolia of the new film/documentary of Hunter S Thompson, GONZO. Dude did a ton of drugs and had this crazy gun fetish and well was just plain crazy in general. (check out Fear and Loathing...) But through all that. I think his heart and beliefs about this country were in the right place and pretty spot on. Sorry I'm gonna go ahead and spoil the ending for ya...he shot him self back in 2005. But I think it would have been very interesting to see what he would have thought about this year's election. Go see it, it's a great history lesson if nothing else...or not, y'all rarely listen to me anyways ;)

Gonzo
*flick part 1


Thursday was Lisa's (my sister) 20th birthday. I know I've know some of you out there for up to 27 years but I still think it's crazy to think you could know anyone for TWENTY years! Anyways, I love her more now than I ever have. I'm proud of ya and love ya girl. *yes I love Henry, Nena and Brenda as well...in case they happen to stumble across this :)

Saturday: In honor of her birthday we went to Six Flags. Despite, being crazy hot, hurting feet, people talking crap behind up in line, and the fact that I was almost denied entry (due to my "lack of shirt", don't ask...or do but it will probably put me in rage mode once again lol), we still had a great time!
*flags & family



Sunday: At 7 am my mom and I drove to Coldsprings, TX (right before you get to Houston). We spent a couple hours with my great Uncle TH and Aunt Marlene. They're 86-ish and are absolutely amazing. I love seeing them.

*Side Rant
PLEASE take time to see the people you love while you have the chance!
*End rant :)

We then got back in the car and headed back to Dallas in the lovely end of 4th of July traffic. (and when i say lovely, I'm lying) ;)
*family

Well, we made it back and decided to end the weekend by seeing Get Smart. Actually pretty good. Lots of action and was funny. It was no WANTED...but really, nothing is.
Get Smart
*flick part 2



much love

No comments: