Sunday, July 13, 2008

8:47...

...that would be the time that the wave started at the George Michael concert tonight at the AAC. So the ticket said that there would be no opening act the show would start promptly at 8 o'clock...HA! So the crowd was actually pretty much all there at the supposed start time (really slightly earlier than that)...The crowd consisted of 85% gay men, 10% straight chicks, 4% couples and 1% other. But the overall majority seemed to be of Latin decent...go figure. ;) This was George's 25th reunion kind of a tour....and as I was 2 at the time, I am not the biggest fan of Mr. Michael, but being that the ticket was on 25 bucks, and all i had to do was walk across the street I was up for it. After waiting for an hour and slowly slipping on a half yard full of weak margarita, and sitting through the a fore mentioned wave...he finally hit the stage at 8:50. The stage I have to admit was SICK. Crazy video boards!!! I would have pictures...but the photo Nazis were in full effect tonight. I did manage to talk my way out of checking my camera at the door...so that was a plus. :) I so don't get why artists don't want you to take pictures...it's not like you're loosing money on the deal...you've already got the ticket price (some people paid $165 to sit on the floor), and most likely those people are gonna buy a t-shirt or some sort of souvenir, and the area got 11 bucks out of me for the drink...but whatever.
Pretty sure he was on of the first guys I remember being "hot" growing up...the hair the earring...the scruff...who wouldn't lol...figures though...and thus began my attraction to the gay man. lol

george michael faith

After playing for about 45 mins he then puts up a countdown and says he'll be back in 15 mins. Are you kidding me?? Sorry dude, no more waiting...I got to hear Father Figure and that was gonna be satisfactory for me tonight...i'm so out! I walked back into my apartment at 10:16. I'm not complaining, but I gotta tell ya, ya kinda let me down, but such is life...especially after boasting that he'd be singing for the next and I quote "close to 3 hours." Whatever...there's no way the the AAC is gonna let him sing to or past midnight...this is not Stars' playoff hockey!! lol

But yesterday I saw an AWESOME show at the Bass Hall in Ft. Worth:

avenue q
The best way to describe it is an "R" rated Sesame Street. Such greatness. Yeah, it's not for everybody, and it is a musical...but we already know...I am SOOOO not everybody! ;)

Friday night I saw:

Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
Ugh! It wasn't terrible but the reason I saw it was because it's part of my season tickets at Fair Park. The kids there loved it! Um let's see...the sets were really cool? :)

Today I also saw:

Hancock
not really what I was expecting...but pretty good. Will and Charlize are great and Jason Bateman is just adorable...that's right I said adorable. lol
An added bonus was that I watched the movie at the Inwood in the new "living room" theatre. I gotta tell ya I was way skeptical about the whole "love sac" thing but these were actual couches with ottomans and such...and the fact that my mom watched a thing on it this morning on the news...and learning that they frequently wash the slipcovers...eased my mind about them. A most excellent (sorry Bill & Ted lol) way to watch a flick.
Photobucket

This weekend didn't go down quite like i thought it would. Some tragic things happened. And I can't stop thinking about my friend that was affected. I just want him to know I'm here for him...I miss ya Rockstar!

much love




No comments: