Friday, May 22, 2009

Girls, Graduation, Goals and Good Music

So last weekend was short but full.

Friday night I headed to the PM Nightlight Lounge at Dallas' Joule Hotel with Stephanie and Eric. There we saw Allison and her Burlesque Group perform. They did an excellent job and was had a good time as always. :)



Saturday morning was dreadfully rainy but we made our way 90 miles east of Dallas to Texas A&M Commerce where my Aunt Stephanie graduated Suma Cum Laude. This was a super cool moment for her and the rest of the family.



...shortly after the ceremony, I had to skip the celebration and head back towards Dallas (actually, past Dallas and all the way to Frisco) so that I could work the FC Dallas vs Seattle Sounders FC at Pizza Hut Park...which ended in a tie. But still fun to work.



Sunday, about 12 hours after being at Pizza Hut Park, I was back there with Momma as we attended the Kenny Chesney Make Up Concert for the one that ended up being washed away. It was GREATNESS!

This time around the tickets were all first come first serve. Because of this we ended up standing in line waiting for the gates to open for about an hour and a half. It was a beautifully awesome day that became more AWESOME when Kenny Chesney himself came out through the parking lot on a golf cart to say hey to everybody waiting and tailgating. Did I mention I touched his arm? Yep, after a little hustle through parking lot I got close enough and TOUCHED HIS ARM. lol Yeah, that kinda made my day.

Anyways, we finally got in and we got the most perfect seats. I could have stood against the stage but I really wasn't feeling standing in the sun for another couple of hours. The seats were just fine for me and Momma. :)

The curtain was raised and Kenny took the stage and said, "Now, where were we... ", the crowd went wild and he sang There's Something Sexy Bout the Rain...the song he stopped on 2 weeks ago. He then started the show over and played for the next THREE HOURS. Half the songs were his...half everyone else's. I always knew the man is an amazing entertainer. But now I know he's an amazing Person. Thanks Kenny for bringing the good times back to Dallas for a night. :)






much love


...headed back to Costa Rica for more adventure and stories...stay tuned :)

No comments: