Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ALOHA!...the finale

I know it's taken forever to finish, but here it is...


February 2, 2009 Day 5:

Happy Ground Hog Day everybody!...whatever that means. :) This morning we walked one last time on to Waikiki Beach. It’s pretty peaceful…and there are no waves in sight.



We hit McDonald’s for breakfast. One super cool thing about the value meals in Hawaii come with FRESH PINEAPPLE. Um…YUM! :)


While driving through the town we saw President Obama’s High School. That’s pretty cool…if I do say so myself.


The mission for today was to get to the Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie, Oahu. Mission accomplished! Please enjoy the pictures. :)



the tree Elvis sang in in Blue Hawaii :)

  • Watched Hawaii’s only canoe pageant



it was raining :)

sorry for the blurry-ness but the NO FLASH policy was in full effect lol

By the end of the evening it was super windy and cold. (I know weird right) We made it to the Laie Inn…and yep you guessed it…crashed. :)


February 3,2009 Day 6 (aka my last Day in Hawaii):

This was a lazy morning in the hotel room with muffins and juice in bed as we watched Cash Cab on the TV the palm trees blow in the cloudy wind through the window. It was a good morning. :)

We left North Shore…for the last time. We stopped along the road for one last ocean view.





Back in Kailua, Stephanie and I had lunch at Buzz’s where I ordered at blue cheese burger that came out with no blue cheese. No worries though, it was now FREE! Love how stuff just works out!

Quick stop at Longs (like Walgreens…but not, according to the locals) to buy some “gifts” for half the price…Stephanie ROCKS!!! But we already knew this. :)


I made my second purchase of luggage…after the return of the super expensive (but cute) stuff. (yes responsibility does jump in every now and then)


I dropped Stephanie off at her apartment and said goodbye. I was off solo towards Waikiki in search of the ALOHA Gas Station where I had rented my car 6 days ago. I found it and called a taxi. There was a ton of traffic…during rush hour…of course. But that was okay because I was entertained by the crazy Samoan taxi driver lady. Lol I made it to the airport with time to spare. :)


Currently I am at the airport bar…having my last vodka/pineapple and mango coconut shrimp.



All in all, the trip was almost completely perfect…really, nothing could be better than being with Stephanie in Hawaii!



ALOHA!!!



No comments: