Friday, September 19, 2008

This Week-ish...

Saturday: So last weekend was pretty darn rough for South Texas thanks to that force of nature called Ike. Most of Houston's power was knocked out and well Galveston was left under water. As far as my family and friends. Everyone was fine (physically). Lots of power lost. One roof lost. A tree on one house. And one house that was split in HALF by a tree. The main person I was concerned with was my great aunt Marlene. She recently had hip surgery and was moved to a hospital-ish type place during all of this. Luckily power was sustained by a generator. But it was so weak that she could not even move her bed up and down to get comfortable. I just glad every one's ok.

In Dallas we got some nasty rain Saturday but that's about it...and my mom and I had tickets to see Mamma Mia! the musical in Ft. Worth...so we went.


And it was pure fun and greatness! (as a musical based on the music of ABBA should be). Every time I go to see a show it makes me remember how much I LOVED doing theatre. The music, the dancing, the costumes, the cast that became family for a short period of time...I miss all of it. Unfortunately, the whole sports gig completely conflicts with me partaking in such greatness. (grr)

Moving on...

Sunday
my mom and I and friends, Debbie and Monica, decided to try something different for lunch. We ended up at the House of Blues for their Gospel Brunch. The food was pretty great...but the massive amount of it was a bit overwhelming. The band and singers were excellent and Monica even got on stage with them at one point. Good times....but definitely a once a year thing. (like I said MASSIVE amounts of food)
Monday night I worked the last ever MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL game at Texas Stadium. It was a great game! Up until the very end you weren't sure who was gonna win. "How bout them Cowboys!" (Grandaddy would have been proud.)



Tuesday
wasn't too special but it was new music and dvd Tuesday and that meant I took a trip to Best Buy during lunch and made a couple of purchases. (don't know that I've ever been in Best Buy without making a couple purchases lol)


I got the new Darius (don't call me Hootie) Rucker country album, Learn to Live. I really like it. I saw him (and the rest of the "don't call us Blowfish") not too long ago and loved them live. His voice is HIS voice and I don't think he's trying to BE country...there was most definitely country already in that guy. :)

Next up was the new Buckcherry CD, Black Butterfly. There last album, 15, was about my favorite Rock album of the last couple of years, Track 1 to Track 11. Yeah they're not really "kid" friendly...but as I have no kids...I'm good. ;) I was super excited when this hit the shelves (yeah it wasn't available on iTunes). And so far, so good. I dig it. I think it sounds best when driving down the highway with the windows down in this gorgeous weather we've been having. (You see here in Dallas, we only get about a week of actual "fall" weather.)


And last but not least, The Complete First Season of Pushing Daises on DVD. (yeah I'm not cool enough for Blu Ray yet). This by far was my favorite new show of last year. I can't wait to watch 'em again before the new season starts...I better get on that. ;)
Wednesday...see post below.

Thursday night was great fun. I went with Michael, Monica, Eric and a couple other chicas to play TopGolf. (go here if you care to know what it is www.topgolf.com) I had a great time. I was pretty awful at the beginning (as my golfing past consists of the miniature variety...again thoughts of Grandaddy) but I think my "swing" (hack) got slightly better by the end...sorta. :) They also had killer sweet potato fries and yummy blood orange sorbet. Can't wait to go back!



So yeah, it was another good week of living life ...and I leave you with this...idiot...





much love

No comments: