Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Weekend That Didn't Wanna End...

So this is how the weekend started...


This is how it ended...

Alright let's start for the beginning. The weekend began like any other. Friday night Mavs then off to Minc to meet up with Tony, Michael and Kaycee to see this guy...
The place was jammed packed and the weather was awesome! Slightly cold but definitely balanced the massive amount of body heat inside. Minc always has a great crowd, but this night especially, had great people watching potential. :) We closed down the place but weren't ready to stop so we headed to S4 and danced to some "old school" until they too kicked us out...off to Cafe Brazil (the service was kinda slow but what do you really expect at 4 in the AM? 'Twas a good night. :)

Saturday came, as did the Stars game. A pleasant surprise was that my friend Chris was in town for the weekend (Army reserves) so he and 2 friends got to come to the game. We headed to Hooters afterwards. They headed back and I headed to Michael's apt and I was introduced to the greatest game ever!! lol ...

I had so much fun! Singing is definitely my forte however, I am soo now not afraid of the bass...BRING IT ON!! ;P Quickly 4am came back around and our "set" was over...good times.

Sunday soon rolled around and about 3 I got on the road to Oklahoma City, OK. The plan was to go to the Alanis Morisette/ Matchbox Twenty concert. (yes I realize they were in Dallas two nights beofre, but ya see I had to work) The drive up there was super easy....the only hitch was that right as Dirk was hitting the 3 pointer that would send the Mavs/Lakers game into overtime... I lost the radio reception and ended up getting the (losing) play-by-play from mom back in Dallas. lol

So I finally arrive and find a lot directly across from the Ford Center and pay my $10 and head into the arena. My Seat ends up being 6th row, center, floor...SWEET!!!

Mutemath (new to me) came out first and I must say, they were pretty darn good. Alanis then followed. She was really amazing. My feelings towards her before this show were pretty much that of indifference. There was definitely a moment of clarity after her set... The woman can sing!! She is amazingly talented and I think she truly enjoys what she does. Then, (then whole reason for being there) Matchbox Twenty came out and put on an amazing show! Complete with fake pyro and all. (see huge screens in pics) I kinda went trigger happy with the camera...it's also a new camera and haven't quite figured out the best settings so please bare with me. :)



Yeah, I know there's not too many of us out there...but I've dug them for the last TEN years and this seeing them 10 years later still makes me just feel good inside (how many people have a band they can say that about these days?) So it's really not important to me if others make a face when I say the words Matcbox Twenty or Rob Thomas...i dig 'em...you don't have to :)


So the show ended and I was so pumped and full of energy. Then I go outside...the temp has dropped a bout 30 degrees and we are now under a tornado watch/warning. (great) NO worries though, I'll just get to the truck (running) and get on the road and get on my merry way back to Dallas.

I get back in my truck and start to feel an uncommon breeze. I look to my right and realize that my back window is missing and now in the form of crumbled glass in my back seat (refer to pics at top)...and that my backpack (with everything in it, credit cards, ipod, dvd, etc.) is GONE!!! Sooo not a good feeling. So I call 911 and try to figure out what I should do and they said since I did not see who did it, I should go ahead and drive back to Dallas...3 hours away...alone...in the freezing rain...with NO WINDOW! NOT good times! :(

I roll into my apartment about 3:30 in the morn and the phone calling to credit card companies, bank, okc police, begins. At about 4 pm I get my window temporarily replaced...just in time for it to begin hailing (or something like it) and SNOWING in Dallas.

Several things I am thankful for during this whole mess:
1) That I wasn't hurt
2) That the truck is basically fine
3) That the thieves were only able to get 2 bucks worth of gas on a maxed-out credit card (lol)
4) And...That they were "kind" enough to break the BACK window and not the front...(most likely would have been frozen out by the time I got home.) :)

Anyways, that was my crazy weekend...

All in all, Life is Good.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

4am?!? I must be old AND boring. Good for you though, sister!!! So sorry to hear about your truck & the backpack being stolen, but that's total karma that the credit card was maxed out!!!

Blake said...

Wow - I'm glad you're okay! Also, Rock Band is indeed the best game ever.