Sunday, June 3, 2012

Daddy

So last night at 11:30 pm I left Downtown Dallas with My Love, My Sis Lisa and Bro In Law Eric. We arrive in Eagle Pass, Texas at 6 am...at 7:30 am I saw my Daddy for the first time since 2006...and handed over the keys to my truck...at 7:45 I walked back across the US/Mexico border in the Sunday morning silence happy to have seen him but saddened to have to leave so soon...knowing with a heavy heart that he will never again get to experience this Freedom I have as an American. I am thankful for being an American but please when you think harshly about immigration laws...think of this little girl that just wants to see her daddy like everyone else. I write this at 4:30 pm from the comfort of my own bed. Thankful that no one on this side was harmed. Praying that My Daddy stays safe "over there."

much love























No comments: